Who I am:
· My name’s Nicolas
· I’m from Ponferrada but León is my home now. I’ve been living in León for last twenty-five years
Difficulties in the labour market
· People are made redundant
· Workers are dismissed.
· People are lay-off o fired. They had to get the sack
· In a different situation people could present their resignation from a post that they considered beyond their abilities or give up a job in order to study.
· People are unemployed
· Pepole are on the dole, on the well-fare, off duty.
Getting a job
· I know that today it’s difficult to find job
· I applied for a job as a teacher and I was offered the job two days after my interview. I had lucky.
· If I hadn’t applied for that job, I wouldn’t be a teacher.
What I do:
· I work for the Salesian at a College for further education
· I work in the business department
· I’m a teacher of vocational training courses since 1993
· I’m also responsible for educational guidance
What kind of job it is
· It’s a demanding job
· It’s a Challenging and motivating job.
· I have a eight-to-two job
· I am on flexi-time.
· And sometime I have to do overtime.
· I am a bit workaholic. I work full-time
· My colleagues are great and...
· They help get the job done on time.
What my job involves
· My job involves/entails teaching subjects such as management and economy and I also provide guidance to students for their future as well.
· I make sure that students choose the right decision about their future and on time and according to their budget.
· I liaise with my colleagues to ensure that we work in the same direction.
· I co-ordinate all the visits to other colleges and university establishments. My role is to facilitate the exchange of information in order to help students for their careers
· Now, I’m working on a project, I’m working on a committee that’s identifying the best way to introduce bilingual education in vocational courses. So I work on a report that focuses on trends in bilingual learning.
How I work
· I have a lot of experience
· I have been working in education for more than 20 years.
· I am sufficiently qualified because I have two degrees, I speak French fluently and I try to speak English in the same way...
· I was promoted twic, firsly to head teacher and after that to head master.
· I’m a hard worker
· I’m a fast worker
· I’m a very efficient worker
· I use my time wisely
· I get along well with other people
· I am paid every month and this pay goes directly into my bank account.
· My salary hasn’t risen this year. In fact, not only nobody has had a pay rise, but also the previous one.
· It’s difficult to make a living by teaching, but although sometimes I can’t make ends meet I think that I have good luck and that I have relatively a high income.
Problems at work
· If we think aboutpeople who climb mountains, difficult mountains.
· I don’t think that their life is full of moments of joy and happiness
· No, their life is full of misery.
· In fact their life is all about difficulty to walk, of breathing, cold, challenging circumstances...
· But for them the most important is to reach the end, a peak. They have problems but they support them because they love what they do. And I love my job.
· So, in life when you feel you have reached a limit is when the true battle begins.
· I hope my speech about work will help you to learn more about the working world.
People's general attitude to travel and the best way to travel.
I made a fool of myself
This just stays between us
This flapper, Fort knox
TV show + script session. I have watched a 3 minute clip of the TV series "How met your mother". I have chosen 3 items of language that are useful for me.